About Our Company
Pet Poison Helpline (PPH) is a 24-hour animal poison control service for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet. SafetyCall International, PLLC (SCI), the parent company of PPH, specializes in industry adverse event management related to humans and animals. We encourage all applicants to view our company overview videos Pet Poison Helpline and SafetyCall International, PLLC.
Come see why our employees have voted us as a top workplace!
Benefits of Employment with SCI/PPH
Our employees enjoy many benefits including:
States We Work In:
Our employees work in multiple states throughout the country! Want to know if we’re hiring in your state? See the list below:
Work from Home Requirements
Do you want to work with us from the comfort of your home? Here’s what you’ll need:
- High Speed Internet (not WiFi)
- Landline phone (with a head set)
- Computer with Windows 10 Home or Pro Edition Operating System
- Must have Windows 10 Microsoft Word & Excel
- Desktop & Laptops can be used, but must be able to connect up to 3 monitors
- No Apple computers
- Surge Protection
Remote candidates may be asked to provide specific information about their IT equipment and internet provider. More information about our IT requirements are provided during the interview process.
In addition to the IT requirements listed above, candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Are you attending the AVMA Conference in Denver, Colorado July 13-17th? If so be sure to stop by booth 1735 and say hello!
Thanks for your interest in employment with PPH/SCI! Our open positions are listed below. Interested candidates can apply by sending a cover letter & resume to email@example.com. We review all applicants and contact those who most closely match our hiring needs.
We are always accepting resumes for DVMs and CVTs for future employment opportunities! We recommend submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org even if you don’t see an open position.
-The HR Team
The Veterinary Information Specialist position is responsible for responding to incoming cases on Pet Poison Helpline and SafetyCall’s industry side via the telephone, email, and chat applications regarding potential toxic exposures, poisonings and other adverse events from pet owners and veterinarians related to various household and consumer products, animal health products, plants, OTC products, dietary supplements, prescription drugs, and other chemical exposures. Specialists take full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Specialists document each case in an electronic record and follow up as necessary to ensure the well-being of the animals and facilitate adverse event reporting on the industry side.
Part Time, weekend shifts. Positions will work 2-3 weekends (Saturday and Sunday) shifts per month and holidays that fall on scheduled weekends. Shift times will vary and can be 8 1/2, 10 or 12 hours shifts depending on candidate’s preference. Shift times will include mid, evening and late evening shifts between the hours of 10am-12pm CST. While we may be able to work with some scheduling restrictions, flexibility in availability is highly preferred as we operate 24/7. Overnights are not required.
There is an extensive training program for this position. It will consist of 3-4 weeks remote training at 24hrs/week (with some flexibility with scheduling). There is also a requirement of 2 weeks, full time (40 hours/week) that will take place in our office in Bloomington, MN. Candidates outside of the Twin Cities will have hotel and travel expenses reimbursed if applicable.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Active CVT/RVT/LVT certification
- 1+years of work experience in a veterinary clinic/hospital
- At least one year of emergency/critical care experience preferred
- Ability to work varying shift times and varying days, including weekends as specified above.
- Proficiency with keyboarding and data entry, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages
- Excellent verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, professional and empathetic
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior
Interested candidates should send a resume and an introduction cover letter or email that includes how many hours per week you desire AND any scheduling restrictions (for example, not available Mondays, only available for 4PM-12:30AM due to work schedule, etc.). Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com.