Thank you for your interest in working at Pet Poison Helpline/SafetyCall International, PLLC! Our job postings are listed below. We are currently looking to add an Associate Veterinarian and a Veterinary Information Specialist to our growing local and remote teams! If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you looking for a change of pace in the Veterinary field? Want to gain experience in an interesting, fun work environment? SafetyCall International, PLLC (SCI) may have just what you’re looking for! SCI, parent company of Pet Poison Helpline, is looking to add a 2 fulltime (40 hours/week) Industry Representatives in our office in Bloomington, MN or remote from home if outside of the Twin Cities area.
Candidates who live in Minnesota outside of the Twin Cities Metro area or in the following states are eligible for remote from home positions: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. Remote staff must be able to train in our home office in Bloomington, Minnesota for a 2-3 week period and meet the IT requirements described below. Candidates outside of the Twin Cities will have hotel and travel expenses reimbursed if applicable.
SafetyCall International, the parent company of Pet Poison Helpline, specializes in industry adverse event management (poison control) related to humans and animals, pharmacovigilance and consulting services. SCI offers competitive pay, generous PTO and benefits for all full time employees, a fun work environment with many perks, growth opportunities and experience in a fascinating field! We encourage all applicants to view our company overview video at www.safetycall.com.
The Industry Representative position is responsible for responding to incoming cases via the telephone regarding potential adverse events from pet owners and veterinarians related to various animal health products manufactured by an animal health client of SafetyCall. Industry Representatives provide answers to general inquiries on routine product use, such as clarification and information slated on product labels or inserts, and document lack of efficacy cases, product complaints, customer service and other inquiry cases. This position may also respond to and process product refund requests. Industry Representatives take full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Industry Representatives must accurately document each case in an electronic record to facilitate adverse event reporting and to ensure the well-being of the animals. Industry Representatives also handle minor human exposures to animal health products.
This position is in a call center environment or remote from home if applicable. Given the nature of the position, many pet owners are calling under emergency circumstances and are therefore in distress. Industry Representatives must be able to manage cases under pressure and be comfortable talking to people in various emotional states.
During the slower season, November-March, this position may be trained to manage other types of calls and/or additional administrative or phone related tasks.
We have 2 openings that have different schedules:
Position #1: Full-time, 40 hours per week. April-October normal hours are M-F varying 8 hours shifts between 8AM-5PM CST. There may be occasional weekend shifts required during these months. From April-October, very limited vacation use is permitted due to the work load. November-March, the position is daytime hours but will include up to 2 weekends per month.
Position #2: Full-time, 40 hrs/week. Shifts are 8 hours and will vary. Daytime hours will range from 8am-10am CST(start) and 4pm-6pm CST (end). Hours will fluctuate based on the season and may also include midday shifts. Days worked will vary.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- CVT/LVT/RVT Certification. Candidates must have an active Minnesota CVT License or be eligible to obtain it upon hire. (To be eligible for Minnesota certification, candidates must have graduated from AVMA accredited program and passed the national VTNE exam.)
- 6 months of work experience as a certified/licensed technician in a veterinary clinic/hospital
- Proficiency with keyboarding and data entry, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Excellent verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, professional and empathetic
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
Remote Agent Requirements:
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including a land line telephone with the ability to connect to a headset (cell phones cannot be used), reliable, high-speed cable modem internet service, PC computer (no Macs) with Windows 10 and the capability to display two monitors. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets ergonomic requirements and a locking file cabinet. Remote staff may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter or introductory email to email@example.com. Introductions should include which position you are interested in (#1 or #2), salary requirements and why you are a good fit for the remote position (if applicable). Submissions without a cover letter or introductory email that includes the requested information will not be considered. Our team will review each submission and contact the candidates that most closely match the qualifications.
SafetyCall International (SCI), the parent company of Pet Poison Helpline, is currently seeking seasonal full-time and part-time Industry Representatives in our veterinary customer service/technical services department. Seasonal positions start training as early as April and go through the end of August. There is opportunity for some positions to stay on part-time as late as November for those interested in extending the position. These positions are perfect for DVM and CVT students as well as technicians and veterinary support staff seeking extra income and experience.
Full-time positions are 32-40 hours/week (4-5 days) and part-time positions are 16-24 hours/week (2-3 days). Shifts are 8 hours with most common shifts being 8AM-4PM, 9AM-5PM, 11AM-7PM, 12PM-8PM and 4PM-12AM, 7 days a week. We prefer candidates who are flexible with days and times they are available but may be able to work with some scheduling restrictions.
The Seasonal Industry Representative position is responsible for responding to incoming cases via the telephone regarding potential adverse events from pet owners and veterinarians related to various animal health products manufactured by animal health clients of SCI. Seasonal Industry Representatives provide answers to general inquiries on routine product use, such as clarification and information slated on product labels or inserts, and document lack of efficacy cases, product complaints, customer service and other inquiry cases. This position may also respond to and process product refund requests. Industry Representatives take full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Seasonal Industry Representatives must accurately document each case in an electronic record to facilitate adverse event reporting and to ensure the well-being of the animals.
- At least one year experience in the veterinary field as a veterinary technician (certification not required), veterinary assistant or veterinary receptionist/support staff or current DVM or CVT student who has completed at least 2 semesters of class work.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, during stressful or high pressure situations as well as on a regular basis
- Ability to work varying shifts including days, evenings and weekends
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Proficiency with keyboarding, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware
- Ability to deliver high quality customer service with patience and compassion
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Pay Rate: $15.00/hour
Interested candidates should send a resume and an introduction cover letter or email that includes how many hours per week you desire AND any scheduling restrictions (for example, not available Mondays, only available for 4PM-12AM due to work schedule, etc.). Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SafetyCall International, PLLC (SCI) is growing and is looking to add full time (40 hours/week) and part time (16-24 hours/week) Customer Service Representatives to our team in our office in Bloomington, MN. This is a great opportunity for pharmacy technicians, medical receptionists and veterinary support staff!
SCI is a 24/7 multidisciplinary health care practice, licensed by the boards of Medicine, Pharmacy, and Veterinary Medicine, that provides manufacturers with adverse event management (poison control), regulatory reporting, post-market surveillance, customer service, and consulting services. We highly suggest that interested candidates visit our website, www.safetycall.com, and view our company overview video.
The full time position will be scheduled 40 hours/week (5 days/week), Monday-Friday with varying shifts from 8am-4pm, 8:30am-4:30pm and 9am-5pm.
The part time position will be scheduled 16-24 hours/week (2-3 days/week). The schedule days will vary Monday-Friday with varying shifts (4-8 hours) between the hours of 8am-5pm.
Essential Duties/Position Responsibilities:
- In an office/ call center environment, promptly answer and accurately manage inbound customer service cases (approximately 25-30 cases/day) from consumers calling with questions and/or concerns regarding various products. Cases come in via phone and email.
- Provide exceptional customer service through clear and accurate communication, compassionate delivery and quick and efficient service.
- Recognize medical/exposure cases, triage and transfer to appropriate staff members.
- Receive and respond to customer service inquiries via e-mail and postal mail.
- Receive and process product refund requests.
- Assist with company mailings including mail merges, preparing letters, labels & envelopes.
- Perform outbound call backs to consumers and return voicemail messages left afterhours.
- Educate consumers and promote good will for SCI’s clients.
- Research product information as needed.
- Participate in all required training and continuing education sessions.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative relationship with all coworkers.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- At least 1 year of experience in a customer service call center environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, accurate, professional empathetic and compassionate on a regular basis, including during stressful or high pressure situations and calls.
- Strong attention to detail and spelling with the ability to accurately enter data with very few errors.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Proficiency with keyboarding and data entry, navigating PCs, navigating the internet and using common computer software and hardware.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology is helpful.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, a cover letter or introductory e-mail, and scheduling preference along with any restrictions to email@example.com. Our team will review each submission and contact the candidates that most closely match the qualifications. Candidates that do not submit a cover letter or introductory email will not be considered.