Customer Service Representative
Pet Poison Helpline (PPH)/ SafetyCall International (SCI) is looking for to add a PT Customer Service Representative to our growing team. This is a great opportunity for vet tech students, DVM students and veterinary support staff; although no prior experience in the field is required.
PT, Weekends: Either every weekend (both Saturday and Sunday) or every other weekend shifts. Evening hours are 3pm-11:30pm CST.
PT, Weekdays: Monday-Friday, 4pm-10pm CST.
Although we are able to work with some scheduling conflicts, flexibility is highly preferred. We are willing to consider a combination of weekend and weekday shifts based on the candidates availability. Please include scheduling preferences when applying.
Essential Duties/Position Responsibilities:
- Promptly answer and accurately manage and document incoming calls and chats per PPH and policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Process customer’s credit card through our secure, interactive automated telephone system according to PPH policies and procedures.
- Provide customers with a case number and transfer to an appropriate specialist.
- Provide exceptional customer service through clear, compassionate, accurate and efficient communication.
- Participate in all required training and continuing education sessions.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative relationship with all co-workers.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- At least 6 months experience in a customer service call center role strongly preferred.
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, accurate, professional, empathetic and compassionate on a regular basis, including during stressful or high-pressure situations and calls.
- Above average proficiency with keyboarding and data entry, navigating PCs and iPads, navigating the internet, and using common computer software and hardware.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral communication.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to work varying shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays according to agreement upon hire.
- Some veterinary medical terminology knowledge and/or veterinary medical experience is preferred.
Training will be done remote from home and will take about 1 week, full time hours.
Remote Agent Requirements
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service with a minimum of 20mb download speed and a PC computer (no Apple computers) with Windows 10 and the capability to display two monitors. Cell phones are permitted for this position. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Pet Poison Helpline (PPH) is a 24-hour animal poison control service for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet. SCI, the parent company of PPH, specializes in industry adverse event management related to humans and animals. PPH/SCI offers competitive pay, a fun work environment with many perks and experience in a fascinating field. We encourage all applicants to view our company overview videos at www.petpoisonhelpline.com and www.safetycall.com.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, a cover letter or introductory e-mail, and scheduling preference along with any restrictions to email@example.com. Our team will review each submission and contact the candidates that most closely match the qualifications.