Relief – Flexible Scheduling Veterinary Technician
Pet Poison Helpline/SafetyCall International is currently seeking Relief full-time and part-time veterinary professionals with flexible scheduling to join our remote team! This is a great opportunity for people currently out of work, working reduced hours or for those looking to make extra income during these difficult times.
We are looking for candidates that can work full or part time hours between 16-40 hours per week, including every other weekend (both Saturdays and Sundays) OR every Saturday/Sunday rotations. Flexible scheduling options are available to fit around your lifestyle with variable shifts between 8am-12:30am CST. Weekday shifts will need to be a minimum of 2 hours and weekends shifts a minimum of 4 hours.
We are looking to start positions as soon as June 1st, 2020.
Training will be done remote from home. Candidates must be able to commit to a 3-week, full time remote training process up front. Training schedules are determined in advance and will have limited flexibility with scheduling restrictions. After training is complete, schedules will be more flexible and customizable.
The Veterinary Information Specialist position is responsible for responding to incoming pet owner cases on Pet Poison Helpline via the telephone regarding potential toxic exposures and poisonings. Specialists take full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Specialists document each case in an electronic record and follow up as necessary to ensure the well-being of the animals.
- Active CVT/LVT/RVT License and 1+years of work experience in a veterinary clinic/hospital.
- OR Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a veterinary technician (non-certified) or veterinary assistant performing technician responsibilities in a fast-paced veterinary clinic/hospital.
- At least one year of emergency/critical care experience preferred.
- Ability to work varying shift times and varying days, including weekends as specified above.
- Proficiency with keyboarding and data entry, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages.
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, professional and empathetic.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior.
Remote Agent Requirements
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service with a minimum of 20mb download speed and a PC computer (no Apple computers) with Windows 10 and the capability to display two monitors. A landline or cell phone is acceptable. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Interested candidates should send a resume and an introduction cover letter or email that includes how many hours per week you desire AND any scheduling restrictions (for example, not available Mondays, only available for 4PM-12:30AM due to work schedule, etc.). Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.