Pet Poison Helpline, AVMA LIFE and AVMA PLIT have teamed up to co-sponsor webinars on a variety of topics pertaining to veterinary wellness as well as personal and professional risk management. We hope you can join us on our journey!
This complimentary webinar is RACE and NYSED approved for 1 CE credits.
Dr. Jen Brandt LISW-S, PhD
December 3rd, 2020
Did you know that your brain uses 20 percent of your total energy every single day? Or that to help conserve energy, your brain has learned to hardwire repeated behaviors so they become automatic, allowing your brain to “work” less? When a person repeats patterns of behavior, they develop connection points across the brain that enable this process to happen efficiently. Over time, the person no longer has to expend as much energy to manage these same tasks. Now imagine the world being upended by a pandemic requiring that whole new processes be established—like navigating virtual and curbside visits and other changing needs. Needless to say, the brain isn’t very happy about this; it invested lots of energy converting old habits to autopilot. Under the new circumstances, the brain is screaming: “Stop! That’s not how this is supposed to happen! Consider that the brains of everyone around you are going through a similar process. Does it make sense that conflicts seem more frequent and intense? Or that you feel so tired—but aren’t sure why. Or why grief seems easier to connect with than joy and hope? This dynamic seminar will take an engaging look at the unprecedented year through the lens of neuroscience, human behavior, and the “yes, and” approach to affirming hope, fostering adaptability, and improving health and wellbeing.
Instructions for viewing the recorded webinar:
- You will first need to register for the webinar. After completing the registration form, you will be taken directly to the event lobby.
- In the lobby, you will see colored widgets at the bottom of your screen for the slides, media player, Q&A, speaker bio, post-test, certification, and resource list. Click on the widgets you want to have open and press play in the media player to begin the recording.
- You can download the download the presentation handout here or access them from the green resource list widget to follow along.
- In order to receive non-interactive CE credit for watching the presentation you will need to:
- watch the presentation for at least 45 minutes
- take and pass the corresponding post-test, which can be found in the green widget box
- click on the yellow certificate widget to download your non-interactive CE certificate