Pet Poison Helpline and AVMA LIFE/AVMA PLIT have teamed up to co-sponsor webinars on a variety of topics pertaining to veterinary wellness. We share a passion for the veterinary industry and a desire to help our profession grow. We hope you can join us on our journey!
J. Roxanne Prichard, PhD
January 23rd, 2020
The importance of sleep quality and quantity is often over looked when thinking about our physical and mental well-being. Come learn about the science of sleep and how to achieve consistent, sufficient, and restorative sleep.
- Discuss best practices to encourage healthier sleep and address environmental factors that contribute to sleep problems
- Understanding of sleep over the life span
- Discuss the science of sleep and research on the connection of sleep to mental and physical well-being
- Understand how to manage sleep and shift work
Roxanne Prichard, PhD is a Professor of Neuroscience and Psychology at the University of St. Thomas and a member of The SEED Collective. An award-winning researcher, speaker, and author, Dr. Prichard has spent the last fifteen years studying sleep. Her research has been summarized in a variety of national media outlets including TIME, US News and World Report, PBS News Hour, Huffington Post, ABC News, The New York Times and USA Today, among others.
Instructions for viewing the recorded webinar:
- You will first need to register for the webinar. After completing the registration form, you will be taken directly to the event lobby.
- In the lobby, you will see colored widgets at the bottom of your screen for the slides, media player, Q&A, speaker bio, post-test, certification, and resource list. Click on the widgets you want to have open and press play in the media player to begin the recording.