This complimentary webinar is RACE and NYSED approved for 1 CE credits.
June 23rd, 2020
Justyna Kulpa, PhD and Bob Menardi, DVM
The veterinary profession is increasingly being asked to provide guidance for pet owners on the use of CBD products for dogs and cats. Each state’s practice act determines the extent to which veterinarians are permitted to advise, guide, or even discuss the use of CBD with their clients. Regardless of the status of local regulations, veterinary professionals should be versed in the potential for toxicity and the related clinical signs in cases of deliberate or accidental exposure to cannabis-based products. Canopy Animal Health has been studying cannabinoids with the goal of evaluating the relative safety profiles, adverse event profiles, tolerability and in vivo metabolism of individual cannabinoids and combinations in companion animals. The Canopy Animal Health research team conducted a randomized, placebo-controlled, blinded, parallel, dose-escalation study to investigate the safety of three broad spectrum cannabis oil formulations enriched in cannabidiol (CBD), delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), or both CBD and THC (1.5 to 1 ratio) versus placebos in healthy dogs. Clinical observations, physical examinations, blood counts, and clinical chemistries were used to assess safety.
Instructions for viewing the recorded webinar:
- You will first need to register for the webinar. After completing the registration form, you will be taken directly to the event lobby.
- In the lobby, you will see colored widgets at the bottom of your screen for the slides, media player, Q&A, speaker bio, post-test, certification, and resource list. Click on the widgets you want to have open and press play in the media player to begin the recording.
- You can download the presentation handout here or access them from the green resource list widget to follow along.
- In order to receive non-interactive CE credit for watching the presentation you will need to:
- watch the presentation for at least 45 minutes
- take and pass the corresponding post-test, which can be found in the green widget box
- click on the yellow certificate widget to download your non-interactive CE certificate