The linked infographic lays out Pet Poison Helpline®’s biggest achievements of 2022! Throughout the year, we have continuously been taking the steps to achieve our mission of saving pets’ lives and making the world a safer place for animals.
The report includes several sections, including:
- A heat map illustrating where our call volumes came from throughout the United States and Canada.
- Toxins topping the charts: the top poison calls that we encountered during 2022.
- A speedometer showcasing toxin trends that we have encountered during 2022, based on calls we received.
- The variety of animals that we were able to help! Majority of pets we receive calls on are dogs and cats, but we are able to support any animal, large or small.
- Our outreach efforts that were completed during the year. In addition to saving pets’ lives, we make it a mission to educate the pet parent and veterinary communities. We do this through blogs, webinars, conferences, educational materials, interviews, and student externships. Our organization is proud of the knowledge we hold, and we feel compelled to share it with the animal communities.
- Our Toxin Tails campaign was designed to educate the veterinary community and pet lovers on the many types of poisoning dangers facing pets, both in and around the home, by sharing real-life cases. All pets highlighted in our “Toxin Tails” stories have been successfully treated for the poisoning and fully recovered. The campaign hit major milestones this year with features in Today.com, People.com, Yahoo, and may others! We also had PR Newswire’s second most popular press release of 2022!
As a company, we are proud of the achievements and goals that were reached in 2022 and want to thank you for being along with us for the ride! But it doesn’t stop there. In 2023, we plan on raising the bar even higher and continuously making the world a safer place for animals.