In 2016 the veterinarians at Pet Poison Helpline® released a 2nd edition of the The Five Minute Consult Clinical Companion: Small Animal Toxicology! Many of our staff as well as other renown veterinary toxicology and critical care experts around the country contributed towards writing this great veterinary resource.
Blackwell’s Five-Minute Veterinary Consult Clinical Companion: Small Animal Toxicology, Second Edition puts all the information needed to rapidly and accurately manage poisonings in small animal patients at the clinician’s fingertips.
- Provides concise, bulleted information focused on the most important facts needed when treating a poisoned cat or dog
- Carefully organized for ease of use in an emergency, with important toxicants arranged alphabetically within categories
- Details clinically relevant information on the most common toxicants encountered by small animals
- Presents a wealth of color photographs to aid in plant identification
- Includes 14 new topics to this edition covering cyclosporine A, sleep aids, tacrolimus, bath salts, synthetic marijuana, poisonous lizards, imidacloprid, spring bulbs, and sodium monofluoroacetate
Are you interested in purchasing a copy for your clinic or for your own use? Visit Wiley’s website and order directly through them.
View some books reviews!
“The sheer variety of toxic elements that small pets can be exposed to both in the home and outside is eye–opening. Everything from bread dough to batteries to, depending on where you live, bufo toads can rapidly prove fatal. This book has been designed to help veterinary clinicians correctly diagnose and begin treating such cases in the shortest amount of time possible, and as such, it features a very clean and readable layout for quick accessibility.” (Book News Inc., February 2011)
“A recommended pick is Editor Gary D. Osweiler, et.al.’s BLACKWELL’S FIVE-MINUTE VETERINARY CONSULT CLINICAL COMPANION: SMALL ANIMAL TOXICOLOGY. This packs in key details on the diagnosis, therapy and prevention of toxicoses and is arranged by major categories of toxicants to aid in rapid diagnosis by poisonings. More in–depth detail is added from BLACKWELL′S FIVE–MINUTE VETERINARY CONSULT: CANINE AND FELINE, with over 70 additional toxicants covered, more clinical applications reviewed, and tables of detail added to appendixes for quick diagnosis. No practicing vet′s clinic should be without!” (Midwest Book Review, February 2011)