1. Who presents your webinars?
Our webinars are presented by a select group of our board-certified veterinarians, all of whom have extensive experience in toxicology and are excellent speakers.
2. What topics do your webinars cover?
Our webinars primarily focus on small animal clinical toxicology and emphasize commonly encountered toxicants as well as occasional uncommon toxicants that practicing veterinarians need to be aware of. We provide sound, practical advice geared towards veterinarians in general, ER, and specialty practice. Typically, we will discuss a particular poison’s toxic dose, relevant mechanism of action, and review treatments such as decontamination (i.e., emesis, charcoal, lavage, etc.), antidotes, supportive care, and diagnostics.
3. Who can attend your webinars?
Our webinars are intended for veterinary professionals (mainly, veterinarians and veterinary technicians) but we welcome veterinary students and others in the veterinary community.
4. How much do your webinars cost?
Our webinars are free of charge!
5. How many hours of CE credit can I get for watching your webinars?
Each webinar is good for one hour of NYSED and RACE-approved CE. You may watch as many of our recorded webinars as you wish.
6. What time are your webinars at?
Our live webinars are from 12:00pm (noon) – 1:00pm Central Time. See below to find what time this is in your time zone:
- Eastern Time: 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Mountain Time: 11:00am-12:00pm
- Pacific Time: 10:00am-11:00am
7. What if I register and cannot make the presentation?
No problem! All of our webinars are recorded and are placed on our website within 24 hours so you can still watch the presentation and receive CE credit for watching it passively (see question 12).
8. Can I receive a copy of the presentation slides before the webinar?
Yes! We place the presentation slides on our website 24 hours before the live presentation. A link to the slides can also be found in the reminder email for the webinar and on the webinar page on our website. If you do not receive them, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send the slides to you.
9. If I watch the presentation in a group, can everyone in the group receive CE credit?
The software is set up so that only the people who physically log in to view the webinar will receive CE credit. In order for you to receive CE credit if you were not the person physically logged in, you will need to email email@example.com within 24 hours after the live presentation with the full names and email addresses of everyone who watched the presentation together. If you were the one logged in, you do not need to email us.
10. When will I receive my CE certificate?
If you watched the live webinar, your CE certificate will be emailed to you within 24 hours. If, for some reason, you do not receive your certificate within 24 hours, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your certificate.
If you reviewed the recorded webinar, your CE certificate will be emailed to you within one week provided you pass the post-test (see question 12).
11. Are your webinars recorded?
Yes! All of our webinars are recorded and placed on our website within 24 hours of the live showing. You can receive non-interactive RACE approved CE credit for watching the recorded presentation (see question 12).
12. Can I receive CE credit for watching the recorded presentations?
Yes! In order to receive your RACE-approved CE certificate, you will need to watch the recorded webinar in its entirety and take a post-test for the webinar. Provided you receive a 70% or higher on the test, we will email you your CE certificate within one week of submission. Directions for submission are located on the post-test.
13. Which webinar software do you use and what are the system requirements?
We use Citrix GoToWebinar to host our webinars. Please be aware of their system requirements before signing up to participate in the webinar.
To organize or attend an online meeting, webinar or training session, the following is required:
For PC-based participants:
- Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
- Cable modem, DSL, or better Internet connection
- Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with 2GB of RAM (recommended)
For Mac-based participants:
- Mac OS X 10.6 – Snow Leopard or newer
- Intel processor (1GB of RAM or better recommended)
- Cable modem, DSL, or better Internet connection
Participants wishing to connect to audio using VoIP will need a fast Internet connection, a microphone and speakers. (A USB headset is recommended.)
For participants with GoToMeeting app for iPad, iPhone or Android
- Free GoToMeeting app from the App Store or Google Play
- WiFi connection recommended for VoIP audio
- At this time attendees using the GoToMeeting app can only join GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar sessions
For attendees with GoToMeeting app for Windows RT tablet
- Free GoToMeeting app from the Windows Store
- x86, x64 or ARM processor
- WiFi connection recommended to use VoIP
- At this time attendees using the GoToMeeting app can only join GoToMeeting sessions
For more information, please visit the Citrix website: http://www.gotomeeting.com/online/webinar.