Non Credentialed Veterinary Technicians
Non-Certified Technicians/ Veterinary Assistants-Full and Part Time Positions
The Veterinary Technician/Assistant position is responsible for responding to incoming cases via the telephone, email and chat applications for Pet Poison Helpline and our veterinary nurse lines regarding potential toxic exposures, poisonings, general animal wellbeing questions and emergency situations. The position takes full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Technicians/Assistants must accurately document each case in an electronic record to ensure the well-being of the animals. This position is in a call center environment or remote from home if applicable. Given the nature of the position, many pet owners are calling under stressful circumstances and are therefore in distress. Technicians/Assistants must be able to manage cases under pressure and be comfortable talking to people in various emotional states.
Full-time, 40 hrs/week. Positions do not have a set schedule. Shift times and shift days will vary and include weekends, typically 2 per month and up to 3 during our busy season, and some holidays. At this time available shifts are 8 ½ hours long (with a 30 minute unpaid break) and are primarily evening shifts (shift start times are ranging from 2pm-6pm CST and shift end times ranging from 10:30pm-2:30amCST). While we may be able to work with some scheduling restrictions, flexibility in availability is highly preferred as we operate 24/7. Overnights are not required.
Part-time, 20 hrs/week. We have a daytime and an evening shift need. Employees will be scheduled 4 hour shifts, 5 days a week on a 2-week rotation which will include every other weekend.
Daytime, PT Hours: 4-hour shifts between the hours of 7am-2pm CST. Week 1 will work Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Week 2 will work Monday-Friday.
Evening, PT Hours: 4-hour shifts between the hours of 5pm-9pm CST. Week 1 will work Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Week 2 will work Monday-Friday.
There is an extensive training program for this position. It will consist of 1-2 weeks remote training. There is also a requirement of 3 weeks, full-time that will take place in our office in Bloomington, MN. Candidates outside of the Twin Cities will have hotel and travel expenses reimbursed if applicable.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a veterinary technician (non-certified) or veterinary assistant performing technician responsibilities in a fast-paced veterinary clinic/hospital. Emergency experience is highly preferred.
- Above average proficiency with keyboarding and data entry, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, professional and empathetic.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
Remote Agent Requirements
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service with a minimum of 20mb download speed and a PC computer (no Apple computers) with Windows 10 and the capability to display two monitors. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter or introductory email to email@example.com. Introductions should include which position is of interest, your availability and any scheduling restrictions, and why you are a good fit for the remote position if applicable. Submissions without a cover letter or introductory email that includes the requested information will not be considered. Our team will review each submission and contact the candidates that most closely match the qualifications.