Non Credentialed Veterinary Technicians
Seasonal Industry Representative
Full-time positions are 40 hours/week (5 days). Shifts are 8 ½ hours (which includes a 30 minute non-paid lunch break) with most common shifts being 10:30am-12:30am CST, 7 days a week. We prefer candidates who are flexible with days and times they are available but may be able to work with some scheduling restrictions.
The Seasonal Industry Representative position is responsible for responding to incoming cases via the telephone regarding potential adverse events from pet owners and veterinarians related to various animal health products manufactured by animal health clients of SCI. Seasonal Industry Representatives provide answers to general inquiries on routine product use, such as clarification and information slated on product labels or inserts, and document lack of efficacy cases, product complaints, customer service and other inquiry cases. This position may also respond to and process product refund requests. Industry Representatives take full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Seasonal Industry Representatives must accurately document each case in an electronic record to facilitate adverse event reporting and to ensure the well-being of the animals.
- At least one-year experience in the veterinary field as a veterinary technician (certification not required), veterinary assistant or veterinary support staff or current DVM or CVT student who has completed at least 2 semesters of class work
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, during stressful or high-pressure situations as well as on a regular basis
- Ability to work varying shifts including days, evenings and weekends
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Proficiency with keyboarding, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware
- Ability to deliver high quality customer service with patience and compassion
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Pay Rate: $16.00/hour
Interested candidates should send a resume and an introduction cover letter or email that includes how many hours per week you desire AND any scheduling restrictions (for example, not available Mondays, only available for 4PM-12:30AM due to work schedule, etc.). Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com.
Industry Representative Full Time
The Veterinary Technician/Assistant position is responsible for responding to incoming cases via the telephone, email and chat applications for Pet Poison Helpline and our veterinary nurse lines regarding potential toxic exposures, poisonings, general animal wellbeing questions and emergency situations. The position takes full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Technicians/Assistants must accurately document each case in an electronic record to ensure the well-being of the animals. This position is in a call center environment or remote from home if applicable. Given the nature of the position, many pet owners are calling under stressful circumstances and are therefore in distress. Technicians/Assistants must be able to manage cases under pressure and be comfortable talking to people in various emotional states.
Full-time, 40 hrs/week. Positions do not have a set schedule. Shift times and shift days will vary and include weekends, typically 2 per month and up to 3 during our busy season, and some holidays. At this time available shifts are 8 ½ hours long (with a 30 minute unpaid break) and are primarily evening shifts (shift start times are ranging from 2pm-6pm CST and shift end times ranging from 10:30pm-2:30amCST). While we may be able to work with some scheduling restrictions, flexibility in availability is highly preferred as we operate 24/7. Overnights are not required.
Part-time, 20 hrs/week. We have a daytime and an evening shift need. Employees will be scheduled 4 hour shifts, 5 days a week on a 2-week rotation which will include every other weekend.
Daytime, PT Hours: 4-hour shifts between the hours of 7am-2pm CST. Week 1 will work Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Week 2 will work Monday-Friday.
Evening, PT Hours: 4-hour shifts between the hours of 5pm-9pm CST. Week 1 will work Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Week 2 will work Monday-Friday.
There is an extensive training program for this position. It will consist of 1-2 weeks remote training. There is also a requirement of 2 ½ weeks, full-time that will take place in our office in Bloomington, MN. Candidates outside of the Twin Cities will have hotel and travel expenses reimbursed if applicable.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a veterinary technician (non-certified) or veterinary assistant performing technician responsibilities in a fast-paced veterinary clinic/hospital. Emergency experience is highly preferred.
- Above average proficiency with keyboarding and data entry, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, professional and empathetic.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
Remote Agent Requirements
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service with a minimum of 20mb download speed and a PC computer (no Apple computers) with Windows 10 and the capability to display two monitors. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter or introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Introductions should include which position is of interest, your availability and any scheduling restrictions, and why you are a good fit for the remote position if applicable. Submissions without a cover letter or introductory email that includes the requested information will not be considered. Our team will review each submission and contact the candidates that most closely match the qualifications.