Overnight Associate Veterinarian
The Associate Veterinarian performs toxicology consultation via the telephone, email and chat with veterinarians, veterinary technicians, other health care providers, pet owners and consumers calling into Pet Poison Helpline or SafetyCall’s industry side. Associate Veterinarians document history, case notes and recommendations into an electronic medical records system. Associate Veterinarians act as a resource for support staff in the call center and provide training and guidance when needed. In addition to the core duties, presentation and publication opportunities also exist for those who are interested. We provide an extensive toxicology training program upon hire. The Overnight Associate Veterinarians also receive First Responder training in order to handle minor human exposures.
We are currently hiring for a full-time OVERNIGHT position. This position will work a rotation of 7 days on and 7 days off and will work holidays that fall on their days on. Shifts will be 10 hours long from 10pm (CST)-8am (CST).
Remote staff will begin training from home for about 1 ½-2 weeks, then will be required to come to our office in Bloomington, MN for a 2-3 week period of time. After they’ve been working from home for about 1 month they will need to travel back to the office for 1-2 weeks to wrap up their training.
- Current Minnesota veterinary medicine license or ability to obtain upon hire.
- At least three (3) years of clinical experience, emergency and/or veterinary internship strongly preferred.
- Some toxicology experience is preferred, but not required.
- Advanced proficiency with keyboarding, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to speak and write clearly with compassion and professionalism.
- Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- The ability to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to gather, analyzes, and synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work varying shifts including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and if assigned, overnights.
- Strong attention to detail and spelling with the ability to accurately enter data with very few errors.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior
Remote Agent Requirements:
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high-speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service with a minimum of 20mb download speed and 5mb upload speed and a PC computer (no Apple computers) with Windows 10 and the capability to display two monitors. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Interested candidates should send your curriculum vitae and letter of interest, including availability and any scheduling restrictions, to email@example.com. Our team will review each submission and contact the candidates that most closely match our qualifications.