The Associate Veterinarian performs toxicology consultation via the telephone, email and chat with veterinarians, veterinary technicians, other health care providers, pet owners and consumers calling into Pet Poison Helpline or SafetyCall’s industry side. Associate Veterinarians document history, case notes and recommendations into an electronic medical records system. Associate Veterinarians act as a resource for support staff in the call center and provide training and guidance when needed. In addition to the core duties, presentation and publication opportunities also exist for those who are interested. We provide an extensive toxicology training program upon hire.
We are currently hiring full time, 40 hours/week. The position does not have a set schedule. Shifts are 8 ½ hours long and include a 30-minute unpaid lunch break. Shifts are primarily evening hours with shift start times ranging from 2pm-5:30pm CST with occasional earlier shifts. Shift days will vary and include weekends, 2-3 per month, and some holidays. While we may be able to work with some scheduling restrictions, flexibility in availability is highly preferred as we operate 24/7. Overnights are not required.
- Current Minnesota veterinary medicine license or ability to obtain upon hire.
- At least three (3) years of clinical experience, emergency and/or veterinary internship strongly preferred.
- Some toxicology experience is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with keyboarding, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to speak and write clearly with compassion and professionalism.
- Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- The ability to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to gather, analyzes, and synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work varying shifts including days, evenings, weekends, holidays and if assigned, overnights.
- Strong attention to detail and spelling with the ability to accurately enter data with very few errors.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior
Remote Agent Requirements:
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high-speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service with a minimum of 20mb download speed and a PC computer (no Apple computers) with Windows 10 and the capability to display two monitors. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
SCI offers competitive pay and benefits, a fun work environment and experience in a fascinating field. Interested candidates should send your curriculum vitae and letter of interest, including availability and any scheduling restrictions, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will review each submission and contact the candidates that most closely match our qualifications.