This complimentary webinar is RACE approved
Speaker: Holly Hommerding, DVM, DABT, DABVT
Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Time: 12pm-1pm CST
With colder weather and a busy holiday season upon us and our pets, this webinar will dive into the common alcohol exposure trends in companion animals at Pet Poison Helpline®. Through case-based discussion we will detail both common and often overlooked product exposures, investigate their alcohol-based active ingredients of concern, review their mechanism of action and expected clinical consequences, and discuss case management and patient care. Topics including antifreeze and its various glycols, methanol-based windshield washer fluid, ethanol found in both seasonal beverages and foods, and sugar alcohols will be detailed and discussed.
Instructions for viewing the recorded webinar:
- You will first need to register for the webinar. After completing the registration form, you will be taken directly to the event lobby.
- In the lobby, you will see colored widgets at the bottom of your screen for the media player, Q&A, speaker bio, post-test, certification, and resource list. Click on the widgets you want to have open and press play in the media player to begin the recording.
- In order to receive non-interactive CE credit for watching the presentation you will need to:
- watch the presentation for at least 50 minutes
- take and pass the corresponding post-test, which can be found in the green widget box
- click on the yellow certificate widget to download your non-interactive CE certificate