Pet Poison Helpline is a 24-hour animal poison control service available throughout the U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet. We have the ability to help every poisoned pet, with all types of poisonings, 24 hours a day. Our knowledge and expertise of pet poisons will put your mind at ease when dealing with a potential emergency.
In order to provide this critical service, please be advised that there is a $59 (USD) per incident fee, payable by credit card. This fee covers the initial consultation as well as all follow-up calls associated with the management of the case.
- 24/7 access to experts in pet poisonings.
- Experience. We have managed over 1,000,000 cases involving pet poisonings.
- Veterinary specialists. We’re the only poison control with veterinarians board-certified in internal medicine (DACVIM), emergency and critical care (DACVECC), and toxicology (DABVT, DABT) – which is imperative if your pet is critically ill from a potential poisoning.
- Why we charge. We’re the most cost-effective pet poison control center out there, which is helpful in this current economy. Unfortunately, because there is no public funding to help run animal poison control centers, there is a small per-incident fee of $59.
- Our sole purpose is to ensure that pets stay healthy. Our single goal is to prevent their injury or illness from potential poisonings. To accomplish this, we operate a 24-hour pet poison control center which requires considerable effort, resources, and expense. Unlike public poison control centers in the human sector, veterinary poison control is allotted no tax dollars to support their existence. Pet Poison Helpline does not receive any state, federal, or other public funding. If we did not charge, we could not exist.
- Follow up consultations. Our animal poison control staff will follow up with veterinarians or pet owners to ensure appropriate recommendations can be made throughout the treatment of the pet.
- Treatment advice for all varieties of pets. Not only do we manage cat poisonings and dog poisonings, we also assist in the treatment of avian, small mammals, large animal and exotic species (on a per incident fee basis).
- Frequently Asked Questions
- If you’re calling from Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands, you can reach Pet Poison Helpline toll-free at 877-416-7319. Other Caribbean islands can reach us at 011-1-952-853-1716.
Pet Poison Helpline’s parent company, SafetyCall International, PLLC, is the world’s largest industry poison control center. SafetyCall provides poison control/adverse event management services for a wide variety of companies in the animal health, ag-chem, human pharmaceutical, dietary supplement, personal care, food, medical device and consumer and institutional product industries. Licensed by the Boards of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy, it is the only health care practice operated poison control service to provide professional medical and toxicological advice for humans and animals alike. SafetyCall is able to offer the highest level of care to its client’s customers by providing expert health, safety and medical information 24/7 to keep them healthy and safe.
For more information, please visit: www.safetycall.com